My new blue shrimp is pregnant!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
Oh, today I woke up and checked all the tanks, I noticed that my Blue shrimps eggs turned lighter the last few days instead of usually being black

This morning she was on a high leaf where I could see her underbelly. I saw a little white wiggly thing in the eggs, it looked like a tiny itty bitty baby just flapping his lil tail. Im pretty sure it was one hatching, she was acting very strange and staying still.

The rest of the shrimp are doing well, only one dead one in the last 6 days

kidbookrev

This space intentionally left blank
Nov 8, 2008
South Central Minnesota
They started selling these guys as "Blueberry" shrimp at my local Petco, as well as cherries. $5 each for either species! Are you using a water conditioner that removes metals? We just lost a ton of snails at work due to copper in the pipes...
Does Prime remove copper?

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
My shrimp has hatched all her eggs as of last night, Toward the end of the gestation the eggs turned a light almost clear color with little dots in them. Last night she had only one small black egg left in her sack, and it was probably infertile. Im so proud of her for being so strong

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
Very exciting, today was the first day I spotted the babies! I should have tried looking the last few days, but I forgot. I cant believe I saw them after only one week!

Okay, the strangest thing about the shrimp is that the babies seem blue, all of them, but they will probably change, here are some pics,

IMG_3498.JPG IMG_3496.JPG IMG_3492.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store