My new LED light kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
I've decided to only run 2 of the 4 light bars tonight and I'm getting about the same effect, just a little less light which I'm sure is better for the corals. I think I'm gonna keep it that way from now on. Unfortunately my camera doesn't capture the colors I can see right now with the setting I just found which is with the blue lights running and the red ones super dim, it looks the same as with the blue lunar lights except the red and oranges on the shrimp and fish REALLY stand out cuz of the red lights and it looks so cool but you can't tell the red lights are on unless you look up into the hood. I actually like looking at my tank more at night than I do during the day now, haha. Anyway I believe there's 3 different colors in those light bars- red, green, and blue, and between the 3 colors they can make a lot of other colors like purple, rusty orange, white etc. There's also a setting that will slowly fade between all the colors really slow or fast, or even go along with music if you wanna get crazy but I like to just keep it on the blue (and now with a tiny bit of red, a little green added in is cool too).If I can get a good pic of the current setting with the fish and shrimp out I'll post it. This is definitely the best $50 I think I've spent on this tank, and I think these lights would work great even for a tank like 5'-7' wide. I would recommend them to anyone who wants some cool lunar effects for their tank.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Where did you buy the lights? They look really cool! Thanks for sharing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store