My new outdoor pond...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
Your pond looks lovely!

I can see why your back hurts, that was a lot of rocks to move around!

The dog looks looks ready for a swim, just waiting for the water.

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
haha logan will never go into the pond he knows its off limits.

I plan to plant the border and side with some plants and maybe a deep planting plant in the center. Then koi of coarse.

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Oh, wow! That is so incredibly beautiful! Do you mind if I show my landscaper the pics of your waterfall? I so want that for my pond!

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
the pond setup is really nice
the waterfall especially...I've been trying to convince my mother to do something exactly like that...but no dice

well done

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
Sure!! go ahead and use the pics, just please post me your pics after so i can see :)

For all curious here is what i did. I put the pump in the bottom of the pond, in a little cave so you cant see it. It is located in line of the waterfall, but on the far side of the pond. Then a hose goes up and into the top. The top there is a 2ftD x 2x2 hole that the liner was in. I put the hose in the bottom of that hole.. I then filled it with pea gravel... A LOT of pea gravel. So when the water pumps up it goes into the bottom of the hole, filling it up and then flowing out the first area it gets, the waterfall. Then i filled extra gravel mixed with bigger gravel around the sides to give that spring look. As for your question, where is the filter.. I am hoping the pea gravel will act as a natural filter. If not i will get a canister filter, put it behind the pond and run the hose right back to where it is. Water is looking great so far though. Any questions please let me know.

Lindtball

AC Members
Jun 8, 2008
Low desert of California
Please come revamp my pond................ looks great as well as thoughtful!

P.S. I have some really nice goldie babes that need a good home, two are actually Wakins....

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
I would love to get them but i cannot afford to pay for shipping and such. There are ample areas around here that sell koi and goldfish... sorry...

If anyone lives nearby Rochester, NY I would be glad to come help ya out if ya have the supplies. I am nowhere near a expert, just have redone this pond 5x so i have some experience.. lol at the very least i am a hard working and good for lugging rocks around. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store