My new outdoor pond...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
I got fishies!!!!

X2 koi
x2 nice colorful comets.

How many do you guys think i should stock? I imagine the pond is 6-8 ft around and 2-4 ft deep depends where it is.

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
hahaha i will see if i can get a pic of them. they are only like 3-4 inches and that in a big pond.. well i will get my scuba gear out... lol

Deanthoreu

its: Dean Thoreau
Mar 11, 2009
near Philadelphia
I love it,,so how fast can u get to philly and install my pond?????
what kind of fish are in it?...heated? winterizzing? come on detqails details i want a pond desperately....

pyroman9

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
Koi Comets...

Not heated.

Plan to winter over with the pond, will keep a heater / bubbler in the tank.

Whatever questions you have with the pond just let me know.

As for philly... that is what like 8 hours? Ha i could almost be talked into it for a good philly cheese steak and gas money. You would have to have stuff all ready though and all the supplies. lol

I am by far no expert though and do not guarantee any of what i do. I am just a firefighter/emt who played with rocks, rubber, dirt, and water.. lol

Muske

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Mundelein IL
The pea gravel can be planted w/a huge array of marginals that will absorb extra nutrients and be your filter.

Do you plan to run the falls in the winter? If not, be sure to drain the filter in the spring prior to firing up the pump for the first time. Pea gravel will trap a lot of debris so a good spring clean will help w/water quality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store