My redesigned Fire bellied toad setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I really appreciate them. :) It actually didn't take that long, the toughest part was to take out the siliconed glass divider in the middle of the tank, and took about 20 minutes. After I had stripped down the tank, it only took about an hour and a half to build the whole thing. The only 2 things that are not natural in the tank are the pump wich you can't see, and the concrete block holding some moss.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
now THAT is a good looking paludarium. Have you considered any ferns such as lemon button or Korean rock?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Yes, actually, I have thought about adding some more types of terrestrial plants. I will probably get a type of bromeliad in the next couple of weeks too. What type of bromeliad should I get and where should I buy it?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Look for a Neoregalia sp. I guess not all neoregalias stay small, but many do. Check out Spring Valley Tropicals for at least some good photos/ideas. Dendroboard may be another good place

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Looks amazing! Great job Dave!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Thanks again for the compliments everyone. I think I'll just end up buying some bromelaid from a reptile specialization store I will be going to in a couple days. I can't wait to see this tank 3 months from now, creeping fig all over the backgrround along with mosses in between the leaves, frogbit and pennywort for my frogs to use as rests in the water, and java moss totally covering the piece of wood that my waterfall is in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store