My Snails are in the Mail!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Ok as promised.....

acclimation.jpg snail 1.jpg snail 2.jpg snail 3.jpg snail 4.jpg snail 5.jpg snail 6.jpg snail 7.jpg snail 8.jpg snail 9.jpg snail 10.jpg snail 11.jpg

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Sorry they arent in order.....

All the apples and the nerite are from jinks. Thought I would post some of my other snails too!

My natives are out and about more often now Im so excited.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
I need nop to give me a positive id on them.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Sorry, I can't copy your pics for some reason, but the long conical fellows are pleurocerids (periwinkles, pennywinkles, river snails) and the thin-shelled sinistral fellows are physids (pond snails, sinistral pulmonates), probably Physella. Are all the rest ones that Msjinkzd sent you?

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
I got the mysteries and the baby nerite. all others were already in my tank.

Ya the conical ones are the ones I needed an ID on. Im SUPER familiar with the pondies and mts.

But the periwinkles were the ones in question. They seen to be doing ok in my tank so far.

I recieved another type with them but they have dissapeared. I know they are in there, I saw one last night. But they look exactly like pond snails but have an operculum and the shells are thick like a nerites. There is a crappy pic in my album of the little clado covered guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store