My wally-world rescue betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
:iagree:with Hooked.

If you're wanting to get quite a few bettas, I would support your local lfs and buy from them. They most likely put much more effort into the quality and health of their fish. They actually care. I wouldn't focus on rescueing fish anymore if I were you (I've stopped myself). What I would do is work on convincing you Walmart to discontinue their live fish. If their poor bettas are no longer purchased by consumers, Walmart won't have a chance to put any more bettas or other fish in such terrible living conditions in order to sell them. It's a terrible cycle. I'm actually going to send some emails and pictures of one of my local Walmart's fish to the regional manager now that I know there's a good chance it'll work.

Will have betta pics tomorrie!

Last edited:

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
I went ahead and created the website: http://bettarevolution.weebly.com/

Next up is the forum!

Hey if any of you guys go to the stores, talk to the stores and/or take pictures, please email me your findings (ashleykimball1@gmail.com) and maybe we can put them on the website! Check over the goals listed on the site too, and let me know how I should edit them.

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
Updates on Wall-E:

ZOMG--Wall-E's bubble nest is huge! He's such a happy little guy! I have him eating a variety of betta pellets daily (finally! at first the only thing he would touch was frozen blood worms!), as well as his favorite blood worms twice a week. Here's pics of him and his nest!!!

Bubblenest from above!

Bubble nest from below (a Wall-E-eye view :grinyes:)

For some reason he really likes that hornwort! He's always swimming around in it lol. He stalks his MTS friends a lot as well. I think he's trying to figure out how to eat them (I've seen him try to do it! He swims up real close, watches them move around and then WHAM! attacks them. No snails are ever harmed...and don't even hide in their shell anymore lol:laugh:)

Check out the Betta Revolution website banner:

Wall-E is the star!

Virtuoso2K12

Mar 2, 2008
Southern CA
you know what ashley, we should make like a youtube account and post videos of bettas and other videos people sent us and put your website like in the end of the credit!

dalton

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
i buy my bettas from walmart and they seam fine thouh i have to agree their tanks are dirty

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store