My Xeriscaping Project...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
thanks. even with an overcast i still got the rays of the sun. i dont think im gonna have it done within the time i thought i would

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Very nice!! Gardens like that are one of the few things I miss about living in SoCal. *sigh*
I have been planning a dish cacti/succulent garden for a long time - just haven't picked up the flora yet....but I have the perfect dish! LOL

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Very nice!! Gardens like that are one of the few things I miss about living in SoCal. *sigh*
I have been planning a dish cacti/succulent garden for a long time - just haven't picked up the flora yet....but I have the perfect dish! LOL
Well at least you have the dish lol. Yea Ive been wanting to move out of cali but places I wanna go get cold and my Agaves wouldnt last long. Cacti dishes shouldnt be hard to put together. There are several aloes, jades and even agaves that stay small. Also alot of succulents grow only to the amount of space given. I got lots of dwarf succulents which I have no idea what im gonna do with lol.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok well no updates I havent been able to work on it at all due to my parents having some people come over to redo the stucko (sp?) on the house. I had to move all my plants out. Now they finished so next day off I got my hands full gardening. Pretty cool though some grass weeds are growing so I just need to pull them out and everything should be good to go.

I know I shouldnt but... Im debating wether or not to just put the plants back into the ground. Reason being the gopher desided not to stick around. Im prob gonna leave them in pots like they are but still toying with the idea of putting them in the ground again.

Advantage to pots is no worries bout the gophers and the baby plants are contained disadvantage is way more work to plant them since the containers are rather big. 18gal tubs doesnt sound big but filled with dirt and watered sevweral times they have gotten mighty heavy.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks great Ger. The plants are beautiful! Can't really help with the plant/pot decision, but I can't wait to see more pictures.

What's the humidity like there?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Humidity here is low. Alot of times we get dry heat which is a nasty fealing. The Agaves love it though. Since I dont do so good with indoor plants I went with some heat and drought tollerant out door plants. I am thinking of trying indoor plants again though. I got some in mind but still debating if I should or not.

Bad thing bout indoor plants is my sources for them are many but they normally got thrips. If you dont know what those are there tiny winged insects normally black that suck the sap of plants. They seem to thrive in our house. Ive noticed they mainly go after the plants that have potting soil. They hide easily in the soil. If you use soil like we do out here which is more clay they tend to stay away since there is no place for them to hide.

Im gonna take pics later today to show ya how it looks. Its nothing but dirt and some weedy grass which I find rather annoying.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nah not yet. I havent been able to do much do to my job making me bust my butt. So I pretty much knock out when I get home.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
On my next days off im gonna do a photographic inventory of all my plants. Ill be sure to share some of the pics here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store