Mystery Diesease Returns, Help NEEDED!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I think you could do that, or clean everything with bleach water; 1 part bleach and 10 parts water. Rinse thoroughly until you no longer smell chlorine and then air dry.

Or you could nuke the tank with more salt, up the temp slowly to 96 or 97 and let it run for a few days, stirring the gravel every now and then. After 4 or 5 days (may vary so I'd go 10) the parasites die off without a host anyway.

Either way I think the only thing you need to ditch would be the filter media. You will have to start the cycle all over anyway. Hey, when you go to Jinksie's house she could give you some filter squeezings to jump start the tank.

Once you sanitized the tank, however you do it, just rinse everything thoroughly.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I think you could do that, or clean everything with bleach water; 1 part bleach and 10 parts water. Rinse thoroughly until you no longer smell chlorine and then air dry.

Or you could nuke the tank with more salt, up the temp slowly to 96 or 97 and let it run for a few days, stirring the gravel every now and then. After 4 or 5 days (may vary so I'd go 10) the parasites die off without a host anyway.

Either way I think the only thing you need to ditch would be the filter media. You will have to start the cycle all over anyway. Hey, when you go to Jinksie's house she could give you some filter squeezings to jump start the tank.

Once you sanitized the tank, however you do it, just rinse everything thoroughly.
I went ahead and did the bleach solution. Jinkz told me the 1/10 part thing earlier :).
I had also read that the parasites would die within 5 days without a host. The article had suggested removing the fish to QT tanks to kill the parasites in the tank.
I hadn't planned to ditch the media, but that IS a good idea. I might as well. Replacements are cheap.
I already rinsed everything once, and I'm going to let it dry, then rinse it all again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store