Mystery Disease

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I think the spreading is slowing down.

This morning my male acei's face looks so bad. He looked like it was painful to eat but he still did which is a good sign. I have 2 more haras showing signs as well.

Also now I am working on keeping it from spreading to other tanks. I'm only using one net with this tank, all the decor I took out is set aside not to be used in another tank, and I'm constantly washing my hands after working with this tank.

I don't know if it will hurt my inverts in the 5 gallon, but I have a 5.5 set up for some new arrivals this weekend(white calvus) and I DON"T want them getting it!.

RDTigger

Newest member of F.A.R.T.
Jul 4, 2009
Pawleys Island, SC
since we don't know exactly what this might be...

Keep track of what you have used.. I keep thinking of using a general med like Clout to ease the suffering and maybe nip this wild disease in the bud. Hard to diagnose such a nasty fish kill.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I'm going to try and sterilize the 5.5 gallon just to be sure. And for now I'm keeping tabs on everything that goes in or out of the 55 gallon.

I'm almost certain this is bacterial I just don't know exactly what it is. It's some kind of odd flesh eating bacteria.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I know!

Goat had this very small chunk out of his nose from the crazy OB zebra a few weeks ago. It was mostly healed but the bacteria got into it and wrecked havoc. My haras mostly have it around their mouths. Again they have been sparring for rank so I guess it's gotten down in the healing wounds. Luckily my dominant male hara has not been involved in the battles so he is unharmed, so far.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
The snow whites I just got?

Not that I know of. The lfs special ordered them for me.

I am getting ready to head out and look into picking up more meds. I'll stop by the lfs and see what they have to say about it. They most likely have encountered more diseases than I have and maybe they will have some insight.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store