Need advice on 55 gal planted tank..-I SUCK...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
It's been a while since ive been on here...

Turbo- This moss in my tank is the same moss I had before :) it wasnt new. I havent bought stem plants because i havent seen them for sale in the marketplace in a while. I had bought a large order of
taiwan moss (the picture from above). dwarf hair grass, blyxa and staur repens a while back and had them all in the big tank.

However...it only took a few days before all of which were eaten down to the bare roots! I managed to save 2 pots of dwarf hair grass, and the repens stems and moved them to my 10 gallon crappy tank. (def not enough lighting) But they have made a comeback even with horrible lighting.

The Java moss still hasnt grown the ends of the moss are bare stem, The taiwan moss has made a comeback, i think it took a while for it to get adjusted to the tank.

I dosed excel 1/4 dosage for about a month, IF anything i always under dose my tank. Just for a pic of how it currently is. excuse the algae, tank needs a cleaning! the brown patches in the gravel are whats left of the hair grass

Amazon, you can see is getting eaten up

the 10 gallon save the plants tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store