Need advice on planting, potted dwarf hairgrass and Staurogyne repens.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
E parvula is roughly 3-4" tall, E. "belem is the shortest type, roughly 1-2" tall and recurves back on itself.

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
That staurogyne repens looks like tissue culture portions which explains the lanky growth. Just give them time to settle in and once they are well rooted just clip them down as needed (leave a few leaves and a bit of stem on the trimmed ends), and replant any trimmings.

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
I thnk i have to do something about these flying foxes.. I either have too many and the plants cant keep up with what they're eating...Or i need to get rid of them all together. I swapped all my plants into a ten gallon tank that has some moss growing well in it. I dont think the lighting conditions are good enough for either plants but it buys me some time. My DHG is 75% eatin right off of the planted pots.

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
Im sure the hairgrass in your photo was grown emersed- which is quite common- it will take a little while for it to change over to submersed growth, a lot of it will die back then regrow. Don't blame it all on the fishes... they're pulling it out of the ground, which is very annoying, but they aren't actually eating it.

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
Ive had them under water for a month or so? Is that enough time? I pulled them out of the tank and put them in the ten gallon thinking i could save them..should i put them back in the 55gallon where they were and risk it? I have another thread with pics i just bumped up with current pics of both my repen's and grass

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
[video=youtube;XJHk6bbUwuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHk6bbUwuE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLAE44F4934D9F5A40[/video]
this is what i do as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store