Need help stocking new tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blazian88

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
I just bought some spirulina algae food for my violet goby and he appears to like it, i guess maybe because they really smell compared to the normal tropical flakes i was attempting to feed him. Does anyone know whether it would be ok to keep my dragon with a pleco or algae eater or just a bottom feeder in general because i want a fish that will help clean the tank. I thought the dragon goby would do that but he just eats food thats near him.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
i dont care what anyone else says but i keep mine in freshwater and they are perfectly healthy in my 55
How many years have they been in FW?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I just bought some spirulina algae food for my violet goby and he appears to like it, i guess maybe because they really smell compared to the normal tropical flakes i was attempting to feed him. Does anyone know whether it would be ok to keep my dragon with a pleco or algae eater or just a bottom feeder in general because i want a fish that will help clean the tank. I thought the dragon goby would do that but he just eats food thats near him.
Mine loves algae wafers. None of the fish you mentioned above are BW fish, so the answer is no. In most BW tanks, you have to do your own maid service.

blazian88

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Aww i have to gravel vacuum and scrub the glass of my tank.... Oh well. Hey the petsmart where i work has 1 dragon goby left. Do you guys think i should get a friend for my dragon goby? I read somewhere that they are more active when in groups. I want my tank to end up with 2 dragon gobies, 6 mollies, and 6 guppies (They are the only other fish that are sold at the petsmart near me that live in brackish). Hmm would i be able to substitute tetras in for any of those fish i mentioned.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You really should find yourself a list of BW fish. Platies are not BW either. How big is your tank?

blazian88

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Its 20 gallons. See the thing is my local pet store doesn't have any monos, scats, puffers. They have only fresh water fish. Thats why i was surprised when i heard that they got dragon gobies.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Your tank is too small for a dragon goby. You've gotta have more than 1 store around you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store