need help with starting a planted 36 gallon bow front aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tay

AC Members
Nov 13, 2013
More of a terrarium. I'll probably have an angelfish, some tetras, corys, and hopefully a pleco that wont eat my plants.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
MG is right.... if the tank was specifically bought as a terrarium or lizard habitat even, it wont be safe as a tank that holds a full tank of water. The difference of the two are the glass size and integrity with holding water.

Tay

AC Members
Nov 13, 2013
It is a fish aquarium. Previously I got rid of my fish and put my gecko in it instead. Sorry for the confusion. And can someone recommend a online store that sells fish. The closest pets store is about 4 hours from me and i wouldn't trust the quality of their fish.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
It is a fish aquarium. Previously I got rid of my fish and put my gecko in it instead. Sorry for the confusion. And can someone recommend a online store that sells fish. The closest pets store is about 4 hours from me and i wouldn't trust the quality of their fish.
not a one......

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I still don't know all the plant lingo. What plants do you mean by sags.
Sagitarria species...S. subulata is a good one. Easy and stays fairly short but it depends on the lighting and which species you actually are sold as some do get larger.

It would be nice to know what the intended water level is though, because that would dictate which plants would be better suited. Fish stocking as well, especially if you want to keep angels which require a bit more vertical space than other species.

Tay

AC Members
Nov 13, 2013
The tank is 30"long, 20"high, 12"wide at the ends, and 15" wide in the middle. And i thought keeping it full would just be easiest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store