neep help fast.rescued discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
the it looked like a sausage in a way,it was pretty nasty.To be honest I was thinking it could have been a worm.I didnt really find all that was hanging out when I did the waterchange.Could it be a worm?do worm go back in the body like that?Iv never delt with this it before.I need another 10gal so I can get the others out.they dont need the drugs.

clayt101

Registered Abuser
It might be hex. Here is what I have done when discus don't eat and are pooping white. You need to get metrodonozole into the sick discus' gut. Since it is not eating, this is tough. Here is what I have done in the past. Mix some metrodonozole and some water from the tank. Suck it up with an eye dropper or something similar (a pipet is great if you have one). Force the eyedropper into the discus mouth and squirt it in. You will lose alot of the solution out of the gills, but hopefully some will get into the gut.

yourchoice

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Toronto
The parasite clear also has metro.If the white rope thing is that in the picture it does not look like Hex.THe epson salt is just a laxitive,possibly could weaken worms or it could have been mucus..Anything else come out of the fish?

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
Well Ive moved 4 of the fish into a 30gal I bummed off a buddy of mine and they seem cooool,the sick guy is still sick.After treating them all with the parasite clear he still has his nose to the bottom of the tank.His colours are dark though.I made an order for some metro so hopefully that will be here soon.For now,lots of water changes and more water changes and some goddess goodness,pachamama will fix this fish.What would you guys do?After treating with parasite clear?Have read mixed results of this stuff..

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Beautiful fish!! Awesome job you're doing! I hope everything works out and the sick guy gets well. Wonderful thing you've done, rescuing them from a miserable existence.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
The discus being off balance doesn't have anything to do with parasites. Since you ruled out that intestinal bloat was causing it, I'd say with 100% certainty it's a swimbladder problem causing him to be nose down. He could live that way for quite a while as long as he can eat. The one discus that I had that suddenly developed swim bladder disorder was so bad she couldn't keep her balance to eat. It's always sad when it happens to an otherwise strong fish. Mine wanted to be upright in the worst way. She'd see me come toward the tank and try to get herself up to come over to me...but the body just didn't cooperate. I finally had to end her suffering.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store