New 30 gal setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Lemons aka Lelupi get to be 5" stick with the Multi's and some Julidochromis Transcriptus they stay smaller rock pile on one end and a shell field on the other end instead of Multi's you can go with a small colony of Brevis..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Can a Calvus be there as a centerpiece?

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
My calvus are always out and about. If they feel comfortable they will be out. I added some dither fish to my Tang tank and it made all the difference. Before the dithers I had to leave the room or the calvus would not eat. Now they are good eaters and are growing well.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
word of warning, if you still plan to keep 2 "lemons" (im assuming your reffering to leleupi) than you should know that they have been known to kill off multies, so you may reconsider having them in the tank

OH LOL yea (Neolamprologus leleupi ) is exatly what i was thinking of..So yes I will take them OFF the list.

Also what are these multies and Calvus you guys refer to, sorry new to Chiclids (only kept Oscars)

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
I would only pick one shell dweller for a 30 gallon, maybe 2 but not 3. Also I don't think there is enough room for 2 shell piles and a rock pile in a 30 gallon. These guys need room to make territory.

Gotcha, could you make some suggestions...I want color.

I was going to make 1 side of the tank rocks and the other side shells.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store