New 30 gallon planted tank build.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
I rinsed fluorite for hours it seemed and it still was a bit cloudy...not a huge fan of it tbh. But good luck, looks like a great start!
Thanks! I'll keep updating as I keep adding. I know it looks bare right now, but I want to wait for the cycle to be complete before adding any more fish or plants.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
Oh and I do have a question. How close to the heater can I get with swords. I would like to have a lot of plants in here, but I don't want to overheat any of them, lol. Any help would be appreciated.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
I wouldn't imagine that would be an issue because as plants grow, they take up more space. If the heater poses a problem, any parts of a plant or plants will die letting you know how close is too close. As long as nothing is touching the heater, should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind when I add more plants. Another question though. I'm having a real problem with this cloudiness in my tank. I've tried a a floculant to help bunch it up and make it easier for the filter to pick it up, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I've done 2 small water changes so far. I wish I could give the water levels, but unfortunately all pet stores and local fish stores within a 20 mile radius of me have been sold out if the api master kit. I have an aquaclear 70 right now. If there's any more information you need to help just let me know and I'll do my best to get it to you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
That's a massive stand. Are you planning on upgrading to a 75 0r 90 gal tank in the future -- looks like either would fit.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind when I add more plants. Another question though. I'm having a real problem with this cloudiness in my tank. I've tried a a floculant to help bunch it up and make it easier for the filter to pick it up, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I've done 2 small water changes so far. I wish I could give the water levels, but unfortunately all pet stores and local fish stores within a 20 mile radius of me have been sold out if the api master kit. I have an aquaclear 70 right now. If there's any more information you need to help just let me know and I'll do my best to get it to you.

Amazon. You're going to have to wait anyway, so you may as well save money.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
That's a massive stand. Are you planning on upgrading to a 75 0r 90 gal tank in the future -- looks like either would fit.
Lol, actually yes I am probably going to get a bigger tank eventually, but this is my first time doing a planted tank so I went with a 30 gallon to learn with. My measurements were off when building the stand. I could go into detail about where my measurements went off at, but for me it would be hard to explain, lol. I know it's massive, but it's study for sure, lol.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
I really appreciate all the suggestions on where to get the test kit, thanks a lot! My question though, was about the cloudiness. Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of it or what may be causing it aside from the flourite?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store