New 30 gallon planted tank build.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Run the filter. A lot of new substrate will cause temporary cloudiness when you first fill the tank. Presumably, you rinsed it already, so there's nothing left but to let it settle. If you didn't rinse it, well, it'll take much longer to settle.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
Run the filter. A lot of new substrate will cause temporary cloudiness when you first fill the tank. Presumably, you rinsed it already, so there's nothing left but to let it settle. If you didn't rinse it, well, it'll take much longer to settle.
I did rinse it for about an hour and I've already cleared up the initial fill up cloudiness. It didn't get cloudy again until I put the plants in. That was a week ago.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Not at all. Water changes will not negatively affect your bacteria colony. It definitely will help with the cloudiness.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Lol, actually yes I am probably going to get a bigger tank eventually, but this is my first time doing a planted tank so I went with a 30 gallon to learn with. My measurements were off when building the stand. I could go into detail about where my measurements went off at, but for me it would be hard to explain, lol. I know it's massive, but it's study for sure, lol.

Is it at least 48" x 18" ( the footprint of the two tanks I mentioned)

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
Not at all. Water changes will not negatively affect your bacteria colony. It definitely will help with the cloudiness.
Okay cool thank you. I was already going to do one tomorrow anyway. I'll post the results in a few days. Or as soon as there are updates, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store