New 90L Betta Barracks...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Hey, that looks cool! I'll have to go looking for one of those... I gather, since it cuts PG, it must have a decent edge on it? At which point do you do the cutting...one of the corners or inside that circular portion?

Thanks for posting that! Two thumbs up!!

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
it must have a decent edge on it? At which point do you do the cutting...one of the corners or inside that circular portion?
it hasn t that sharp edge as regular cutters but hell solid and sharp enough ,just what we need to cut hard stuffs like PGs ... u should cut with the edge at the end of the circular portion , if u look close at the pic i attached ,there s small pic at the bottom of the box that shown how to cut with it :) hope it helps

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
plexi glass cutters do not actually cut plexi its designed to make a score line on the material and you snap it like glass, for your project i would drill more holes in your line then take the drill and ream out the material between the holes .. or if you have a router use a 1/4 in straight bit and route em out

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
plexi glass cutters do not actually cut plexi its designed to make a score line on the material and you snap it like glass, for your project i would drill more holes in your line then take the drill and ream out the material between the holes .. or if you have a router use a 1/4 in straight bit and route em out
I actually have a "Dremel" (that's between quotations, cos it's a cheap rip-off version), which I bought a cutting bit for to do this job. If you look closely at the second slot from the edge, you might see where I gave this a go. The line is a little wiggly, as I found it hard to keep the bit (spinning at just enough RPM to cut, w.out going ballistic) steady along the line... I know practicing on a spare piece of scrap would be a good idea, but I have no scrap to spare.

When I get home tonight, I might give it another go and see if I can't get it right. This area will be covered with coarse filter pad anyway, so I guess the odd wiggle shouldn't matter....

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
plexi glass cutters do not actually cut plexi its designed to make a score line on the material and you snap it like glass,
yeah but if u continue drawin a deeper and deeper line . u can slowly snap it from one of the holes

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
What a neat project! I can't wait to see updates. :clap:

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Slowly, owl.

Will try to get the slots finished over the w.end and post up some piccies. I have a fistful of HC Cuba to plant into my 70L, at some point, also.

I'll get back to youze once I have more to show. Cheers for watchin'!!

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
ok , we ll wait , good luck :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store