New Aquascape: Edens Gate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
Well I'm not sure what week it is lool but here's what the tank looks now.

There is some good news and some bad news

Good news that all the mosses are growing in nicely on the wood and lava rocks. Also my cheery shrimp population is going out of control and the hydrocotyle sp Japan is exploding with growth.

The bad news are Snails. Lots and lots of snails. Mostly ramshorn and pond snails. I defeated the ramshorn before but they have seem to come back. It's so bad that they got into my spray bar and blocked the spray holes. Water pressure built up and the tip of my bar came off and now I can't find it . For a week I haven't had much flow in my tank. No algae problems came but that stupid oily film built up. I had to do some DIY to increase the flow. I have to wait for my LFS to have more assassin snails in stock. Right now i only have two.

Another minor is that my hydrocotyle on the right is growing slower than the one on the left. Not sure why but both are healthy. I will give it some more time.

Overall everything seems to he growing in well. And Ryuu is enjoying him self. Soon i will be using diy c02 and i will buy some tiger shrimp to add some diversity to the tank. might re name the tank to Tiger Woods XD

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looking great!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
In the picture it looks like the hydrocotyle on the left has a little bit more light (appears brighter) even though it is (or appears) deeper down in the tank. Maybe you have some shadowing / blocking light going on on the right side?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
It looks natural though for the growth to be uneven. Stuff normally grows thicker in an open meadow than they do under a tree. I do think that is what is going on, the tree is preventing some, but not all of the light from getting to the hydrocotyle on that side.

Reactions: Duckie

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Too bad I can't send you my chain loaches for a week or two... They'd fix those snails right quick!

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Nice!

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
I think the hydrocotyle on the right looks better than the left... that sparse kind of struggling growth under the tree, poking out from the other wild 'field grasses' adds too the authenticity of your miniaturized forest path.. It keeps everything in scale. Sometimes less is more. I think the blanket on the left- while it proves you're doing everything right to grow happy plants.. it doesn't exactly fit.

The tank is very beautiful.

Its easy for me to pick out my most and my least favorite parts when it is 99.9% perfect to start.

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
I think the hydrocotyle on the right looks better than the left... that sparse kind of struggling growth under the tree, poking out from the other wild 'field grasses' adds too the authenticity of your miniaturized forest path.. It keeps everything in scale. Sometimes less is more. I think the blanket on the left- while it proves you're doing everything right to grow happy plants.. it doesn't exactly fit.

The tank is very beautiful.

Its easy for me to pick out my most and my least favorite parts when it is 99.9% perfect to start.
Oh I noticed it, it's been bugging me for so long, so I decided to buy pressurised Co2 to get things moving faster and better (since that was my limiting factor). Very soon I will have a picture of it fully complete.

Here is the tank now, the Co2 system hasn't been implemented yet.

IMG-20160101-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160101-WA0004.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store