new betta homes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
Very smart. Good marketing idea. :grinyes:

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
thank you!
I will try to get better pics soon.

Redneck Woman

AC Members
Jan 12, 2008
Kentucky
I went back to find this thread (I hope you don't mind). I was wondering how this tank was doing? I'm considering dividing a 10 for two bettas or eventually dividing up a 20L like yours. How hard is it to clean?:)

darkngorgeous

AC Members
Jan 8, 2008
North Bend, WA
Wow that looks great. What are your water changes like? I had been thinking about doing sand, but is there anything special you have to do when doing your cleaning?

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
You know what this means! More bettas for me!!!

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
Sorry everyone, I hadn't noticed the new posts.

The tank is very simple to clean, with a python, you just have to get the debris off the bottom in each section. It really doesn't take much more, if any, extra effort on your part.

Unfortunately we had a catastrophe in this tank and all 4 betta's died so it is sitting empty for now. That is the only downfall of a divided tank, but ours was a matter of too much algae killing chemical. I no longer wish to use anything like that in my tanks.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Wow. That must have been horrible. I am so sorry.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I'm sorry to read about what happened, but that is a neat use for a 20g, and it's giving me dangerous ideas. :idea:

(Dangerous to my credit card, that is....:devil:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store