new betta homes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Can you give us some more details on the dividers and how you made them so I can borrow your idea?

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
Thank you all, we will eventually get more betta's. I have already been lurking on aquabid and at my lfs. It was just devastating to have them all die within 36 hours of each other.

It was really a simple design (we are not complicated :) ) We used plastic mesh and the thick black binders from the office supply section. Then we buried it in the sand and tacked it to the glass using aquarium silicone.

kjp

AC Members
May 4, 2008
nottingham uk
wow that set up is wicked and sooo simple i might just have to give it a go. sorry for your loss. hope you soon find some more beautiful bettas x x

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
Thank you and yes it is very simple.

I have seen more complicated ones that are great but I just don't think I could duplicate those.

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
wow, i am so sorry for your loss, how long did you have your boys. I have had mine for just over 2 years and their ladies for about 8 mo. i know i would be devasted to suffer what you have gone thru. However, that is a killer idea! i hope you are not discouraged from trying again! I read in an earlier post that you were already searching, go for it!!!! Cant wait to see pics of your new boys.

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
Thank you very much powerkit, we only had them for about 8 months. I purchased sky in April when he was 3 months old.

I have my eye on a few new boys, I love betta's so much that I just can't swear them off. I still have Bruno my traditional plakat though. He is in a 10g will cories so he was not affected by this.

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
That is good to hear!:) bettas are such amazing fish. I love to hear about others who dont believe in bowls for them. mine were in one of those horrid little double bowls :nono::eek:and i just couldnt bear that so i went right out and got them each a ten gallon. now they both have a little harem going on and they seem so happy, i cant imagine trying to live and be happy and heathy in a little space where i could barely turn around and my neighbor was constantly makin faces at me:silly:
Anyway, the tank idea is great and cant wait to see some pics when you decide to try again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store