New Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Update

Well Finally finished the bones of the stand. Just gotta get some idea of where to put the casters I plan to put hidden behind the bottom 2x4's. I put all the tanks in so you can have an idea of how it will be. I changed the arraging of the top tanks a bit since the top shelf won't be holding any weight and added a 10 gal in between the 20's.

Yes Gunner I have a few tricks under my sleeve just like you. :bowing: haha. I'm undecided of what kind of decorative molding to use but It will come to me sooner of later.

Well check out the updated pics and again Comments and ideas are welcome.:clap:

fish 014.jpg fish 015.jpg fish 016.jpg

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Awesome! Subscribed

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
They are like the PVC valves that you put on your home. Is like a ball valve on the ships but you can regulate the flow with them.

On another note. I just got my pump today. The only thing I can't find is egg crate to split the sump filtering area. Bump.

shwank005

Mmmbeer
Feb 20, 2009
Morgan Hill, CA
Look for it at Home Depot or Lowes. It'll be near the fluorescent lighting fixtures, sold in 4x2' sheets.

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Egg crate

Look for it at Home Depot or Lowes. It'll be near the fluorescent lighting fixtures, sold in 4x2' sheets.
Went today to Lowes by my house and they don't carry them. The only one they had were 2x4 sheets of the one that is like glass looking and was solid. So I'll check tomorrow at HD and see. Hope they have it.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Went today to Lowes by my house and they don't carry them. The only one they had were 2x4 sheets of the one that is like glass looking and was solid. So I'll check tomorrow at HD and see. Hope they have it.
You might be able to look at their site on line and find out if they carry it locally.

Hunter_Koerner

Incredulous Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
hunterkoerner.com
Great concept - strong start - I can't wait to see the next phase!

Siphons or overflows for each tank to central sump....a pump to a return header that supplies all tanks with balancing valves..you risk contamination of all tanks unless you always QT
Would you mind if a newcomer bothered you with a couple annoying questions? What does QT stand for? I don't quite understand the shared sump - does it have a separate section that each tank will use?

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
?

Great concept - strong start - I can't wait to see the next phase!

Would you mind if a newcomer bothered you with a couple annoying questions? What does QT stand for? I don't quite understand the shared sump - does it have a separate section that each tank will use?
QT is Quarantine tank.
Sump is basically one filter shared by all the tanks like you will find on the Fish stores. The water from the tanks come down their overflow pipes down to a main line going to the sump. It will get filtered in their and then the water is pump on a main line and split into other lines to the tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store