New SW setup, newbie too

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
Here are a few pics. The pictures are getting cloudy again..need to fix my iPhone!

shrimp.jpg tankjune.jpg brain2.jpg

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
Started cleaning up & I've gone shopping for a TV mount to move it so the 90g can fit....!!

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
Picked up some more coral in anticipation of the bigger tank... A large 'purple brain' and a rock with 4 red carnations & 3 orange carnations for an incredible price. Going to learn how to feed now... For the time being I'm going to place them at the top/back of the tank where there is low light. It's going to look congested and odd, but it's just going to motivate me more to get the swap done..

I've noticed a lot of my little crabs & snails have been going missing lately...last night I was observing the tank, watching a small hermit walking near the Anemone, saw the tentacle reach and grab the hermit crab. Took a few minutes before the entire crab, shell & all was in the mouth of the Anemone. Guess that is where they have been going! Can the Anemone actually digest the shell? I've noticed he has a nice collection of empty shells to the right of him...

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
I'll get some photos after the Carnations adjust.

The brain swelled right up after a couple hours, 2 of the red carnations opened right up within 20 minutes, the others stayed tight and were finally relaxing this morning.

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
Skipped a weeks water change to see what it would do to the tanks parameters.

Nitrates made it to around 15ppm, phosphates made it to 5. The Cabbage Leather did not like this at ALL, everything else appears to be just fine. I've done my weekly water change this week and I plan on doing another one today to bring things back in check.

Pissed about my API test kit, it's complete garbage. It detects nothing while everyone elses test kit showed 15ppm nitrates and 5 phosphates. $45 down the drain. First total waste of money so far. Not bad for 3 months.

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
Long time no updates. Original upgrade plans changed due to concerns about weight I had.

I managed to get my hands on a free 75g setup. Built a custom stand and have been running the 75g with 4x54 Marineland light, two 420's 1 fiji purple & a 10k daylight. I lost my Tang & Black clown in the transition to the new tank. So angry that I lost those fish.

Have gone very slow since setting up the new tank about 2 1/2 months ago. Everything is thriving, also have recently hooked up a 20 gallon sump with the loudest, most obnoxious used pump that is going to have it's final resting place in the garbage very shortly. Will post pics soon, I've stirred up the sand adjusting everything in the sump so the tank is fairly cloudy still.

Stocking list now is 6 damsels & 2 naked clowns. That is all I plan to have for fish. Inverts include a large amount of blue hermits and I have no idea how many snails I have now, but they are breeding like crazy in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store