New tank.. what to do with it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

catnipgal

Here Fishy Fishy
Jun 26, 2008
Chicago - Windy City, USA
Balo sharks only require a 75 gallon tank!!! :)

weylin

AC Members
Sep 24, 2007
India
How about a Lion tank...?

You can always go for a nice hi-tech planted tank...

Or an exotic pleco tank...?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I am too afraid of Lion fish myself.. I had one when I had predator tanks and between the wolf eel and stars and stripes puffer that was in the tank with the Lion, the lion never got any food and starved to death. I was much to afraid to stick my hand in the tank to feed it knowing that one small touch would send me to the hospital, and feeding sticks didn't work because the other 2 inhabitants would get the food before I could even get it close to the lion.. even if it were a lion only tank... those are just too dangerous of fish for my taste. I can deal with predators, just not super poisonous predators like lions. Like I said, I did an aggressive tank for many years.. not really looking to do another, I want to do something I haven't done before.

Bala sharks.. I don't even consider them a shark even though the name says otherwise. Any real shark like a tiger shark requires a much bigger tank, and I am not the type of person that believes sharks belong in a home aquarium unless your a millionaire and have someone on staff that just takes care of the 10,000G+ tank.

Thanks everyone for your input though.. I do appreciate all the posts even if it isn't the direction I want to go. I am just brainstorming and any extra brains in the process helps. :)

So, my options are:
FW Planted
Terrarium / Turtles? Lizards? etc. (can you do a SW terrarium?)
Seahorse
Octopus (not high on my list)
... can't think of anything else at the moment.

gman2012

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
Pasadena, MD
Not knowing a ton about puffers, is there one other then the porcupine puffer that you could have in a 100 Gal tank? I know most get pretty big but figure there must be something that can fit in there...

on a note about the marine terrarium here is a posting for a marine vivarium that is pretty cool. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136377. can only imagine what you could do with a 100 gal tank. Do you live near a coast line that you can possibly replicate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store