New to BW need advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Oh yeah at big al's I saw some stuff to put in your filter I think is was some sort of coral beads or something like that, maybe I should get some of that then, I will be ordering a few other things in the next day or two so I will add that to my list.

Thanks for all the help here!!

Gin

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
gstoffer said:
Oh yeah at big al's I saw some stuff to put in your filter I think is was some sort of coral beads or something like that, maybe I should get some of that then, I will be ordering a few other things in the next day or two so I will add that to my list.

Thanks for all the help here!!

Gin
Well it wasn't what I thought, so never mind about that stuff.

I am looking at: Carib.sea black onyx sand
Carib.Sea crushed coral
Aragonite and black sand mix
Eco-complete african cichlid sand

Any suggestions on which would be better? I am leaning more toward the Eco-Comp. stuff but if one of the others would be better? I am going to TRY some plants so I thought the Eco. Complete?

Thanks,

Gin

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Jayhawk said:
The eco is probably your best bet for plants.

Eric
That is what I thought, and it's the eco-comp. sand so that would be good for my goby.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Yet another new ?

Ok this is something I forgot to ask: Should I add some bubble thing in this tank? I read that brackish needs more aireation is that what they meant by that or do they mean a more powerful filter? :confused:

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I used air stones in the past for an undergravel filter, but I've never used them just for aireation except when I had a pair of curviceps in a 3 gallon tank when I had to leave my house for 3 days when most of the city lost power in an ice storm.

Your standard HOB type of filter will handle all your needs fine.

Eric

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok Thanks for all your help and input, now I just can't wait to get it all done!!!!

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
I expect that....but I HAVE to at least try. I figure once the start to look like they won't make it I'll switch them over to mt FW tank.

Thanks for the wish of luck!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store