New to BW need advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
reiverix said:
If you succeed let me know the secret :)
Ok, I'll do that! :D

melanie_e0213

Registered Member
Jan 17, 2006
Chatham, Illinois
Actually I have a young green spotted puffer in a 25 gal fresh water tank with a rope fish right now and a few other misc. med sized fish. Thing I have found is, if the tank is already established with the other fish and the puffer you put in is smaller then they are, it seems to gentle them down a bit. this isnt their terf. so I have yet to have any problems with mine. I do have a hollow rock that the rope fish lives in and can go to if it wants. although the puffer has never bothered him or the others anyway. So if he is already doing well in that tank then putting a puffer in may be ok. Make sure they already have him in brackish water though before you put him in. Mine was unfortunately living in freshwater when I got him and now I will have to get another aqarium soon and convert him to brackish myself. Just thought I would share my own exp. so that you know that getting one of those cute little puffers may still be an option.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I may have to look into that then, I really do like them they are soooo darn adorable!! If I did would it be overstocked with:

45/gallon
1 Violet goby
2-4 Orange Chromides
3-5 Mollies (sailfin)
1-GSP or F8 puffer?

BTW I will be converting them to brackish all I have is the goby right now and he is in FW at the time, my 45g should be here in a few day's I am holding off on getting everyone until I have it. But having a hard time finding my Orange Chromide "in stock".

Thanks for the input on the puffer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store