Newbie with a 40g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Thank you! Are they compatible with lions? I will hopefully get live rock in there by wednesday or Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I dont know because i havent really looked deep into SW but hopefully some of the saltwater members can answer for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Squid was just saying what the minimum tank size requirements are for most triggers. Most marine angelfish (including flame angels) have a minimum tank size of 70 gallons or so, and aren't reef friendly, so no corals (FOWLR) would be a good idea. I don't think there's confusion about the tank you're talking about being a 40.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Stock ideas
Flame angel, lion fish, trigger, 2 large nemo fish and the clean up crew?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I wouldn't put any added fish in the tank--a 40 is not big enough to support that many fish when one is a heavy predator. None of the triggers stay small enough, any clownfish large enough not to be eaten is going to be unhappy with a lion around, and a flame angel is likely going to be eaten. JMO.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
There really isn't a limit to the size of fish that a lion will try and put down its throat. A 40B is not big enough for other fish when a lion in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store