Novaqua vs prime

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Plus what test kit has a range of 80ppm for ammonia?

oscarluvr

AC Members
May 31, 2008
Texas
Your tap water does not contain 80 ppm ammonia!
well when i turned my tap water on 2 months ago, i smelled ammonia in the water, so the next day i went over to the water treatment plant and inquired and that is what i was told, i asked the same question about being toxic, and was told it is not toxic until it gets abovre 150 and then it is run thru all their systems and is no longer considered toxic. our water here is like liquid rocks, we have water softeners and ro systems, i now am waiting on a chemical filter to hook up to my water system,

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
well when i turned my tap water on 2 months ago, i smelled ammonia in the water, so the next day i went over to the water treatment plant and inquired and that is what i was told, i asked the same question about being toxic, and was told it is not toxic until it gets abovre 150 and then it is run thru all their systems and is no longer considered toxic. our water here is like liquid rocks, we have water softeners and ro systems, i now am waiting on a chemical filter to hook up to my water system,
Are you sure they didn't say parts per billion?

Last edited:

oscarluvr

AC Members
May 31, 2008
Texas
Plus what test kit has a range of 80ppm for ammonia?
wait that is not my test kit, that is what i was told by the guys at the treatment plant, i went over there when i smelled ammonia in the water. granted those people are not the sharpest tool in the shed, and most still can not speak english.

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
wait that is not my test kit, that is what i was told by the guys at the treatment plant, i went over there when i smelled ammonia in the water. granted those people are not the sharpest tool in the shed, and most still can not speak english.
If you smelled ammonia in the water it is well over 30 ppm. I wouldn't be happy with my water company if I were you.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i use both, the only diff is the prime does a little more, but the novaqua+ has vitamins+echanicha (sp?) and the novaqua is safe for pets/humans/livestock non toxic, i use the novaqua in my stock tank that my horses drink out of that house my 2 commets...
and the prime usage goes a lot farther...
both are great, but i have to worry less with the prime, just my opinion........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store