Ok for the sump now

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Looks good G. What flow pattern are you using through the sump, i.e. which compartment is going to do what?

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Well I believe the first compartment (to the right) is the spot for the skimmer, then the middle..sand, rock and all that good stuff, but I'm wondering where am I suppose to put the balls and such....does that go in the third compartment or in between the 3 pieces of glass? The return pump I assume goes in the third compartment right?

I've of coarse had a slight set back and it will be a little bit before I can get the overflow box. AHHHHH, I hate set backs and waiting even more :mad:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
My sump ahs pretty much the same baffles as yours does. I'm going to be changing it around soon to alter the flow, and when I do, this is how it will work. The left compartment, where the bubble trap is, will hold the skimmer. The tank will drain into this compartment. The middle compartment will be the fuge - about 5" of sand, some live rock chunks and rubble, and some macroalgae - probably chaeto and caulerpa. Then the return pump will go after the last baffle, all the way to the right. Thats the point of using that egg crate piece on top of the baffle - to keep macro, etc from overflowing into the pump area. If you're going in the other direction, it doesn't serve much purpose.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
My sump ahs pretty much the same baffles as yours does. I'm going to be changing it around soon to alter the flow, and when I do, this is how it will work. The left compartment, where the bubble trap is, will hold the skimmer. The tank will drain into this compartment. The middle compartment will be the fuge - about 5" of sand, some live rock chunks and rubble, and some macroalgae - probably chaeto and caulerpa. Then the return pump will go after the last baffle, all the way to the right. Thats the point of using that egg crate piece on top of the baffle - to keep macro, etc from overflowing into the pump area. If you're going in the other direction, it doesn't serve much purpose.
So the skimmer should be right before the 3 pieces together?? Ok, then that is the way I shall go with it...THANKS (again)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store