ok... i give in.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
yeah, i said 60 bucks or a few softie frags to get my reef started. Maybe lower it too 40?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
heh, yeah i know what you mean. I did pay 80 dollars retail for this fish however =(. And it has grown at least an inch since.. oh well.

The reason i dont really care is because id rather have it go to someone from the club that can give it a good home instead of just some schmuck on craigslist..

Maybe i can get some frags out of it =).

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
I had a 96 PC and added at 74 watt t5 and my tank (46) is thriving, although I do not have any difficult corals. I put the slightly higher light corals close to the top.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
T-5's or MH will work fine, it is really preference and cost that wind up being the deciding factor. You can get more power with MH, but of course power (watts) means $$$. T-5's work quite well from what I have read and seen in my buddies tank, I personally went the MH route about 3 months ago and I can tell you I love them! Only wish I had used 14k bulbs instead of 10k.

Anyways, cost wise I can tell you that I went the EBay route and wound up saving a ton, so if your local reef club does not have anything available you can take a look at EBay, just be careful of course, make sure you research the sellers and all.

Here is the link to the thread I started to journal my process, hope it helps:
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119188&highlight=upgrade

Good luck and research!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
this is the deal im getting. The lionfish for- 1 20+ polyp frag of nuclear green palys, a frag of emerald green zoas, a frag of green toadstool, a frag of watermelon mushrooms, and a frag of sky blue zoas.

attached are some pictures.

1- sky blue
2-green paly
3-watermelon mushroom
4-emerald green zoas.

green paly.jpg green shm.jpg hillside.jpg mean green.jpg

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
when i first get the corals a few of them probably wont be getting quite enough light, but i plan to upgrade to MH within a week or 2 hopefully.

Do you think that there would be any serious problems with them getting 2-2.5 wpg of light for a week-2 weeks?

Thanks,
Jay

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I'd take that trade.. Good Deal. What kind of lighting do you have now?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
160 watts of PC lighting.... i know... sucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store