Operation Overkill: 10 gallon reef build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
i hate PCs :grinyes: lol. i refuse to ever use them again after using MH, even on LPS ans softies.
also, i wasnt satisfied with a 150 watt MH even in the area of a 10 gallon directly under it, so im definatly not going to get a 70 watt MH. thanks for the suggestions though :)

jmjohnson

AC Members
May 25, 2007
A couple of things to be careful about in dorm rooms especially if you dont have air conditioning.

1. Heat and Cold of air temperature. Changes very rapidly.
2. You will NOT be allow extension cords!!
3. Do NOT forget about your roomate and if he/she will have issues with any extraneous light/noise comming from the tank.

I will be a junior at the university of kentucky and those were the rules here, thought they are probably very similar to yours.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
A couple of things to be careful about in dorm rooms especially if you dont have air conditioning.

1. Heat and Cold of air temperature. Changes very rapidly.
2. You will NOT be allow extension cords!!
3. Do NOT forget about your roomate and if he/she will have issues with any extraneous light/noise comming from the tank.

I will be a junior at the university of kentucky and those were the rules here, thought they are probably very similar to yours.
kick your roomate out and use his wall plugs!!!!!!!:devil:

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
haha. ive been thinking of putting a 20 gallon fuge on it. we'll see what happens when i get there. also, they said i could have a 10 gallon tank.... but they've never said how MANY.:devil:

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
I'd like to make a recommendation:

Spend more time worrying about girls and partying, and less time on the fish tank. There's plenty of time for fishieness once you get older, but only time for girls and partying while you're young.

:)

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
I'd like to make a recommendation:

Spend more time worrying about girls and partying, and less time on the fish tank. There's plenty of time for fishieness once you get older, but only time for girls and partying while you're young.

haha. i dont actualy party... BUT, as far as girls, im not even in the school yet and i have 3 girls who say they will be spending a lot of time in my room to see the fish. haha. but i appreciate you looking out for me. this is just my version of a cute puppy in a sunny park. ;)

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Just trying to help out. I graduated from college in 2000, and i've learned that you can never have those days back.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
...but only time for girls and partying while you're young.
No way!! as long as yer young @ heart, ther is always time for babes and booze!!!

plus, i have personally found that committing time, money and emotion into fistanks is much much more rewarding than what you get spending time, money and emotion on the ladies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store