Ordering fish gone wrong

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lil_pendejo

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
SO I went in on a group buy with another member over on Monster Fish Keepers and our order was supposed to be delivered to his house today. For some reason the shipping was processed as 2 business day instead of next day before 1030 and isn't supposed to be delivered until the 27th of this month. The seller is a very reputable seller and shipper and is trying to get fedex to get us the fish tomorrow. All of the order is South American and I'm thinking that the fish won't be able to survive being bagged and boxed for over 36 hours with this cold that we are having lately. What do you guys think?

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
When something is labeled, "LIVE FISH" and they screw it up, they should cover it, especially if there is insurance on it

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
It has been my experience with fed ex that they will only cover shipping charges IF the package is delayed and delivered later than promised. If, as you say, the shipper is experienced, the fish should be fine. A friend of mine had fish (olecos) shipped, and delayed and lost, for 19 days, and all but 2 survived. Good luck.

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
This is why many sellers won't even do business in the month of december - just too risky. Most reputable sellers guarantee cost of fish if shipped express, however. And as you stated, Fedex will refund the shipping if delivered late. Good luck, though - hope they make it!

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
When something is labeled, "LIVE FISH" and they screw it up, they should cover it, especially if there is insurance on it
should and do 2 different things. though i am not 100% sure the policy with fedex/ups.
Hope you don't get THIS guy delivering your fish.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9da_1324574164
why. the fish would be fine for that. if thats the worst the happens to a package the whole way there i would be thrilled.

lil_pendejo

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Just talked to Fedex again... Tuesday delivery before 1030... If any of the fish make it here alive I am going to be surprised. The order is for 6 x 3-3.5 inch Gymnogeophagus balzani, 4 x 1.5-2 inch Laetacara dorsigera and 2 x 3-3.5 inch Acarichthys heckelii. If they somehow live after being bagged and boxed for 5 days I am going to be extremely happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store