Ordering some corys soon cant decide what kind.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
panda's don't get very big and a 55 more than accomodate a herd of 15 - especially since cories aren't looking for separate hidey holes, they like one big cave to share.
I was reffering to population limit, w/ 25 lemon teras who grow to 2'', you might be limited on the number of corys you should put in there,

but yes, panda cories are around ten dollars here. very high, but cutest lil guys, good luck

Adroit

AC Members
Apr 3, 2008
What? Panda corys need temperatures in the 90s? Wow I'm keep mine in the low 80s and they are doing fine.

shinyfish

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Does that seem like too much of a bioload?
25 lemons 1 angel( i did decide to go with 1 instead of 2 or 3) and 15 corys?
might cut the corys down to 10 or something.

For filtration i have a magnum 350 and a biowheel 330, so 4 biowheels and the magnum is filled with bioballs. A lot of bio filtration, even so if that does seem like too much i would not want to overdo it.

ChuckP

overrun by java moss...
I've found melanistius to be nigh-indestructible, if one can find them in the first place.

And, they're just as cute as the pandas.

Kevin007

AC Members
May 27, 2008
Sterbai - If you got the money and want the best looking one imo
Panda - Want something better then broze/peppered, but not near the price range for sterbais.
Skunk - Ditto ^
Peppered - Cheap but cute, I had 20 of 1 inch peppered swimming around my 55 Gallon at one point. CUTE!
Bronze - Personally, I think they are "meh".

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
If you can't afford pandas, Peppered Cories are the cutest after pandas IMO.
I actually bought pandas from my lfs because they were half the price of the other cories they offered...I think they were less than $4 each. They are pretty cute!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store