Other hobbies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I have been into rc for a few years now.

I have:

HPI BLITZ with a castle creations 1410 4 pole 3800 kv brushless motor, castle mamba max pro esc, some spektrum servo I was give for free at the track, Gens ace 5000mah 40c 2s lipos

Traxxas 1/16 e revo brushless edtion

Traxxas 1/16 slash with a hobbywing esc and tacon brushless motor

some cheap turnigy stadium truck that I got as a roller from a friend for $10 brand new

Ares ethos quad copter

And a few other misc vehicles/aircraft

All of the cars run on my fly sky fs-gt3b radio

I also mountain bike, build things, make electronic projects, and build/repair computers. I have recently delved into audio, but I don't know much other than I prefer high end audio vs cheap/normal stuff.

I have bose ae2 headphones, harmon kardon 2.1 system for my shop area, logitech z313 speakers for my computer (they sound pretty good, but for $20 they are great for regular computer use), clarion 5.25 in speakers in the rear of my car and alpine sps-610 speakers in the front of my car. The clarions were great but one of the fronts bit the dust. I don't know if I am going to switch to alpines in the rear or just keep the clarions for the bass they have.

I have a golden retriever named Dakota. he is the most chill dog I have ever encountered and he is 11 or 12 I think.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Sweet. I used to bmx but that was back before i had a lisence and could drive. I have a passion for guns. I went up to Maine to visit my friend at her cottage and her family went shooting. They didnt think i had it in my to shoot a a small target at 100yards with a 22. Took it out on my first shot. I also ended up shooting a 380 and a bow. 380 was by far the funnest(?) gun ive shot. But in the city id rather drift my rc car.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Sweet. I used to bmx but that was back before i had a lisence and could drive. I have a passion for guns. I went up to Maine to visit my friend at her cottage and her family went shooting. They didnt think i had it in my to shoot a a small target at 100yards with a 22. Took it out on my first shot. I also ended up shooting a 380 and a bow. 380 was by far the funnest(?) gun ive shot. But in the city id rather drift my rc car.

I didn't get into mountain biking until after I had my car and license. I have been shooting with my uncle a few times at his hunting land in WI. But here in the suburbs of chicago there aren't many places around to go shooting and if there are it is ridiculously expensive. I use to be pretty good with a bow, but I have lost my touch. It could be that I moved away from my friend who had really good bows to now having super cheap ones, but it is more likely the lack of using them for 4 years. The closest thing I get to using a gun now is shooting bb, pellet, and airsoft guns. But even shooting those is tricky around here because there are so many kids around.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I didn't get into mountain biking until after I had my car and license. I have been shooting with my uncle a few times at his hunting land in WI. But here in the suburbs of chicago there aren't many places around to go shooting and if there are it is ridiculously expensive. I use to be pretty good with a bow, but I have lost my touch. It could be that I moved away from my friend who had really good bows to now having super cheap ones, but it is more likely the lack of using them for 4 years. The closest thing I get to using a gun now is shooting bb, pellet, and airsoft guns. But even shooting those is tricky around here because there are so many kids around.
I use a pellet gun in my small backyard. Usually just plinking can and other small objects. The funnest thing to do is shake up a can of soda and shoot it to watch it explode.

HrdWodFlor

Tiger Dog is on the lookout!
Oct 7, 2008
Hope Mills, NC
I'm just getting back into cycling. Just got my old bike out of storage. Before this one I was using an old Schwinn racer from the 70's. This one a wee bit lighter.
Road Bike.jpg

Road Bike.jpg

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
I love cycling as well, I use the bicycle as my main mode of transportation, however I just had my favorite track bike stolen from me while I was at work :( I still have a Giant Defy road bike but it needs some serious adjustments to the derailleur before I will "enjoy" riding it. I very much like skateboarding, surfing, hiking, fishing, 35mm photography, drawing, gardening, genealogical research, land research, wood carving, stone carving, playing instruments and I just started getting into golf.
kaiser2.jpg
460456_279561452120443_158488977561025_651567_932975995_o.jpg
IMAG0771-1.jpg
1017120936 (2).jpg
0518130833a.jpg

kaiser2.jpg 460456_279561452120443_158488977561025_651567_932975995_o.jpg IMAG0771-1.jpg 1017120936 (2).jpg 0518130833a.jpg

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
biking, gardening, fishing, camping, golf, skiing, old school video and computer games and HO model trains.

I wish I had more time in my life to do these things - with a full time job and a wife and two kids going in all directions, the fun stuff usually gets put on the back burner

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
@ royws3 - my father and i use to run HO scale but now he does live steam. Do you have any track laid currently?

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I use a pellet gun in my small backyard. Usually just plinking can and other small objects. The funnest thing to do is shake up a can of soda and shoot it to watch it explode.

Actually, if you heat up a can of pop a lot (I usually use a heat gun or hot water) it will have a much more dramatic explosion than just shaking it. My friends and I bought a cheap 24 pack and tested it out. Half were shaken half were heated. It was a ton of fun, but a huge mess and waste of liquid.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
@ royws3 - my father and i use to run HO scale but now he does live steam. Do you have any track laid currently?

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I actually have two tracks around the perimeter of my son's bedroom (13'x13') about a foot down from the ceiling so there's no scenery but I can run some decently long trains. I hope to get to a nice layout in the basement someday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store