Otocin Babies!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Wow. Seems Ive gotten lucky then. Never had any problems with otocin being sensitive or not eating. These guys have been in this tank a little over 2 years? So far Ive counted 3 or 4 kids. I think the Yamato shrimp may have feasted on a few? Tank is heavily planted though. I just keep doing what Ive been doing. Can't afford any test kits right now though. For tank specs see my tank of the month entry.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Congrats!!!

You might want to document all your water parameters etc. Otocinclus are very rarely bred in aquaria and with their habitat loss and how sensitive they are, it could be some great info for others to build on.
:iagree:

update

Geez, if I knew otocin fry would be such a phenomenon I wish I would have been better prepared!

Now, I know some of you all are probably going, "Yeah right.....suuuuure" hahaha. I would too. And because of that I'm starting to doubt them myself.

Originally I thought they were spawned from my two mini bushynosed plecs. However they look like ottos too. I won't be sure until they are a little larger I guess.

I did my water changes last night. The plan was to take the babies out but upon second thought I decided to leave them in there. No place for them to go and I there only 3 or 4 that I've seen.

Before and after water change I tried to snap more pics. They are really small and very quick.

They are about tadpole size.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Ulan

AC Members
Sep 22, 2006
I have to say that's a very nice tank. It's just a bonus that it looks like a good grow-out tank, too :).

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
wait i thought breeding otos where semi difficult lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store