Paratilapia polleni "large spot"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
I think i have fallen in love with this fish! and i would definitely like to have one! (even picked out a name already, lol)

Anybody have information or personal knowledge of this Madagascar cichlid?

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i forgot to mention that this fish is also known as "Marakely" or "Black Diamond cichlid" and i see it referred to as "Paratilapia bleekeri" on some sites i referenced.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I don't have one but they are a beautiful cichild species. I want to get a small spot pair pretty soon.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
wow, two hours of research and now i am determined to set up a nice big tank for my future "Chuck". don't ask, lol.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I picked up a small spot polleni over the weekend! :)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Very aggressive with each other! Othewise an easily kept and vey beautiful fish.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
BFM what sites did you do your research on them from??? Save me the hassle of digging through the net lol. These are very nice African cichlids if I had the space I would get one or maybe a pair when I get this whole breeding thing figured out.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I've got a large female small-spot that I've had for a few years now. Its in a 150 with an oscar and a few severums. she doesn't seem to be particularly aggressive. I picked up a smaller one that I'm hoping is a male so I can try and breed them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store