Paratilapia polleni "large spot"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
so i've had my Chuck since March and he (as i believe it is) has grown a fair bit. housed in my cichlid tank with a juvie oscar, a peacock cichlid, a jewel, and an angel. i know, odd combo, but it works.

here's Chuck (this photo is about a month after i got him, i havn't been to camera happy lately, lol):

Chuck.jpg

Chuck.jpg

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
soon as i get rid of my bed and have a 150 gallon in the bedroom! lol.

alas, unfortunately i have no funds or room for a bigger tank right now, but i have my retinas trained on my local online classifieds 24/7 just in case!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Awww to bad you dont live out here I would help you get a 150gal. Im waiting to get my 125gal I just need to get rid of this stupid weight bench still.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i saw a broken weight bench in my apartment's garbage bin and thought "hmmm... angle iron n such..... tank stand in the making?" lol!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Here are some awful pics I took of my new Polleni as promised. He doesn't sit still for pics and constantly is at the front of the tank begging for food. I'd say he's about 2.5" inches long at the moment.

Polleni.jpg Polleni2.jpg Polleni3.jpg

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
i saw a broken weight bench in my apartment's garbage bin and thought "hmmm... angle iron n such..... tank stand in the making?" lol!
Trust me the thought of how I could make a tank fit on it has crossed my mind lol but Ide rather do away with it. Even thinking bout downsizing my bed from a queen to a twin seeing how Im the only one who sleeps on it. Smaller bed=more space=more tanks? hehehe

Vicious your fish looks good. You got some savage hard water deposits on that glass there ever heard of a razor blade??? LOL your last pics came out nice. What you feeding yours???

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Lol, yeah I've got some killer hard water here. That's my 29 gallon QT tank and I don't take very good care of the water marks on it. I got it for free on Craigslist and it looks like the people cleaned the glass with steal wool or something.

At the moment he's eating Hikari Cichild Gold pellets, tropical fish flakes, thawed shrimp, crickets and baby roaches.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
BFM what sites did you do your research on them from??? Save me the hassle of digging through the net lol. These are very nice African cichlids if I had the space I would get one or maybe a pair when I get this whole breeding thing figured out.
i honestly can't recall which sites i researched on. just started with google and went a lil click happy, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store