Petco 1$ per gallon sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
And so my MTS begins. Boy am I glad I got a new job, with almost double the pay. lol
Double the $$ = Double the tanks :)

Hmm, I was going to wait for the sale too but I guess I rather just go to my feed store and down payment on a new tank with stand and lights as I never make it in time to get a 40g and I'm going on vacation when the sale may happen. I've heard people wait early in the mornings for Petco to open just for this sale, which I am not willing to do.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Just read an article on how this specific sale is a ripoff after all the accessories needed. You'll save more money on Craigslist

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

agreed that you cannot compare CL vs new. Of course buying the other necessities will cost you $ but its still cheaper than buying it all new at full price! the store has to make money off of it or they wouldnt have the sale (or a reocurring sale at least). I buy everything off CL for the most part but the sale is still a great opportunity for those who want a upgrade, or to buy a cheap QT tank, or even to buy a tank for something like a hermit crab (I bought a 20g for mine).

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
I have a 75 goldie setup, a 10 gallon QT and a betta tank...I want a 55 for the bedroom with cichlids possibly, but the boyfriend says no way. (I've been known to watch fish in the living room and pass the heck out in my chair, so I figure my bedroom is an excellent place for a tank, lol!)

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Don't really see how you can compare new vs. used prices. Apples and oranges really. I've never seen a brand new 40g breeder or 55g at $40 and $55 + tax respectively ANYWHERE. Even at used prices, the general rule is $1 per gallon.
In my experience if you are just buying the tank used on CL it should be around .50 per gallon. If the set up is complete 1 or 2 dollars.

I get the excitement of buying new though. My 65 I got recently cost me $600 once all was said and done. Wouldn't change that for the world.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
In my experience if you are just buying the tank used on CL it should be around .50 per gallon. If the set up is complete 1 or 2 dollars.

I get the excitement of buying new though. My 65 I got recently cost me $600 once all was said and done. Wouldn't change that for the world.

What type of set up is this? Craigslist is very dependent upon the area. In my area I see 10 gallon tank only $35 regularly.

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
I see complete 10 gallon setups (sometimes with stands) for 20-30 dollars here. My 75 was a complete setup with stand, filters, decorations, and everything for $325.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store