Petco 1$ per gallon sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
Craig's list prices vary all over the country. I had someone drive a huge dual wheel pickup from South of Chicago, to pick up a used 90 for $90.00. His local price for used was $300+. In the Detroit area I've seen ads for 100g+ tanks - free for the picking up. Even at that price it's been too far for me to bother.
I have an acquaintance who goes to pick up tanks and setups and then offers about half what the poster was asking, as he makes like he's heading out the door. It works for him.

As to Petco selling out fast, that is a factor of location. The last sale in my area, the first pile to accumulate was 40B size. Over a dozen before the sale started. They only sold two on the first Sunday. On another occasion, I had to go back every other day for two weeks to get ten 10g tanks. They came in, just not all at once.

Nikita Harben

AC Members
May 29, 2012
yea thanks for all replies, yea mine petco wouldnt say...or he didnt know idk, yea thanks i will get there ASAP, need a 40g for a baby tiger oscar. yea i wish they'd go for a 100 plus, but some of the combos they cheap out on with junk stuff:/

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Just remember the sales tax is based off the original price of the tank. Still cheaper then most places though.

iamstarstuff

AC Members
May 23, 2012
I'm waiting for the same sale. I want to start a 29 gallon barb tank.

Nikita Harben

AC Members
May 29, 2012
yea i asked my petco and they didnt say...or they didnt know either way:) yea i need a 40g breeder for a baby tiger oscar:) yea im gonna get there at 12:01 probably lol, they should get the 100 plus gallons in on that, they usually fill the combos with junk stuff when the sale goes on:/

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Last one was in January so I expect the next one sometime soon, perhaps the next sale middle of june or july 4th. Waiting to get a 20l, and 40b myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store