PetSmart expanding saltwater selection

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
I've never seen a Petsmart with any SW whatsoever. I didn't even know they did that.

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
That's cool. I know my Petsmart has some selection of SW stuff, including the CaribSea live sand. It would be nice for them to expand because for me, sometimes it is more convenient to stop into Petsmart than my LFS. However, when I know I have serious shopping to do, I always go to my LFS :D

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
My LFS is ten times more expensive that petco, the only problem is they have more variety. All tank pumps, skimmers, tanks, stands, food, and chemicials are way more expensive at the LFS

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The local Petco here carries that sort of thing already and I see the LFSs expanding and more popping up. I use PetCo for an emergency buy of something small but not much else. Although I may take advantage of their upcoming $1 per gallon sale.

On Petsmart they carry some supplies here although they are limited, but no livestock.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I believe it starts 8/26. They aren't advertising yet that I know of but some of the employees have leaked information they've recieved about the upcoming sale. I believe it is is 20-55 gallons and doesn't include hex or all in one systems.

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
Sweet! The hex or all in one is fine with me but it may be an opportune time to bump up to a 55 gal! I can't seem to find a stand that fits my 28 right now so I'm using an old sturdy entertainment stand. Works good but looks horrid.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Our Petco does SW but Petsmart doesn't as far as fish go.. They have an Uber small salt section and many employees have stated that their policy is not to sell SW fish because the owners don't agree with how they are harvested from the ocean.. (just repeating what I was told, have no clue if it is the truth).

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
That would be great, my Pet-smart does carry frozen food for saltwater but really nothing else. I get all my food and other things for my dog at pet-smart it would cut down the different places that I would have to go.

losermike

AC Members
Aug 22, 2007
Some areas of Los Angeles don't have SW fish just because the demand isn't high enough. Then again drive to other parts of L.A. and you can find any type of fish you want. Granted you might be able to find a FW Koi Angelfish for $2.99 in East Los Angeles and then see the same fish for $15.99 at a local pet store in a little nicer area.
I hope Petsmart has competitive prices. I don't recall if the Petco near my house carries Saltwater fish (I know they don't carry coral) I will follow up on it tomorrow because I'm curious now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store