Petsmart Fish Sale!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
I would take chewed on bodies. Many times, the fish died before it was chewed on, and then once dead the tank mates decided to have a feast. Plus, for the most part it was a good idea to keep the customer happy.

Emily

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
That return policy, is it stated on the receipt?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
the 30 day policy is stated on the yellow slip 'co gives you when they bag your fish, since they don't write on the bag with marker in most stores. they have a 15 day return policy for small animals... (only because they have to pay vet bills on rodents. but dead fish are just a fish swap to them. most of the time: no questions asked.) and since they're such a "carebear" company, they'll let you return any fish body part as long as you have the receipt. people take full advantage of it unless one of the "fish lovers" are working and think you're anything less than sincere, and also feel like explaining to the almighty GM why they lost a valued customer... sad story indeed.

most of the time with fish like cardinal tetras and otos, the move to the store is hard enough on them, and some don't survive. most stores don't attempt any acclimation besides floating a bag under a bright light. The move to your home is just another stress factor to kill them. if you really want to, you can have the fish person at the store call you when they get a new shipment in, and you can take the fish home in the same bag and water the dealer sent it in

cicrush13

AC Members
Oct 4, 2010
Detroit
Real Name
Steve
the 30 day policy is stated on the yellow slip 'co gives you when they bag your fish, since they don't write on the bag with marker in most stores. they have a 15 day return policy for small animals... (only because they have to pay vet bills on rodents. but dead fish are just a fish swap to them. most of the time: no questions asked.) and since they're such a "carebear" company, they'll let you return any fish body part as long as you have the receipt. people take full advantage of it unless one of the "fish lovers" are working and think you're anything less than sincere, and also feel like explaining to the almighty GM why they lost a valued customer... sad story indeed.

most of the time with fish like cardinal tetras and otos, the move to the store is hard enough on them, and some don't survive. most stores don't attempt any acclimation besides floating a bag under a bright light. The move to your home is just another stress factor to kill them. if you really want to, you can have the fish person at the store call you when they get a new shipment in, and you can take the fish home in the same bag and water the dealer sent it in
14 day policy...I used to work there.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011

guppymonkey

AC Members
Sep 5, 2009
Michigan
Wish our petsmarts by us were decent. Tetras and otos always go even with a 4 year old tank. I went to another LFS and got cardinals 2 days prior to the sale and put them in one tank with the pet mart in main. LFS ones one out, as others said stress and quarantine are the difference. I put the LFS in the main and still have them today. Guppies and others go fast too. Great deal....if they lived. The last straw was when the manger told me that my water had to have been bad to kill all the fish. I looked at her and said...really? cause my swords had babies and my angels keep laying eggs on the filter pipes (55gal). Then all of the sudden it became one reason or another...needless to say I walked away in mid sentence/excuse never to return to that location.

PS later found out it was the manager who just had no REAL knowledge at that location and was no longer manager within 4 months of that visit. As told from a manger of the aquatics department of a Pet mart next town over who raises fish and plants of his own.
Always a gamble on shipping day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store