Picotope 3g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
Well I bought some Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Reef Sand they just got this stuff in today too. I got the sand because of the reviews. I also bought petco real ocean water because of the reviews I read. I did not get a chance to get some live rock yet.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
SW fish in anything less then a 5gal is kind of risky, but a small goby MAYBE ok. I just think it will not be easy feeding one fish, Why not just a few inverts instead?? A Banded Coral Shrimp would be nicer, or a cleaner shrimp with a few hermits.
I would go with a peppermint shrimp, IME the coral banded shrimp can be somewhat territorial and large for a 3 gallon. The cleaner shrimp may get too big also, but it has a better chance than a coral banded.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Ptrick:
That is probably true, but if hey by themselves maybe OK.

Neatfish:
IMO all those are too big for a 3gal.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Personally I'd put a pompom crab in there.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Somebody told me to get a fire fish maybe even a azure damselfish or Spotted Cardinalfish . What you think?
Firefish would do best in a 20 gallon long+. (I've got one in my 75, and it is pretty active, and likes it's cave)

My experience with a damsel in my 75 showed that they like to swim around A LOT! It did laps around the tank :) I wouldn't do one in a 3 gallon.

Cardinal fish aren't active fish, but IMO a 3 gallon is pretty small for one...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
I haven't setup the tank yet because we been having problems with our heater. We had some guy come to our home to look at it but he was replacing this and that not knowing what was wrong with it so we got tired of his b.s and told him put back on the old parts and give our money back. Now I'm without heat and it's been very cold these past few nights the temp will drop down to 9*-17* outside and the whole house will freeze. We have another guy that's going to work on it in the morning so hopefully he fixes it. I'll probably setup the tank this weekend if we get everything fixed but I probably have to skip the live rock for a few weeks because getting the heater back on is going to put a big hole in my pocket.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store