Pics And Info On My Cichlids. Picture Heavy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks. All those photos are kinda old. I should take some recent ones but been busy so I dont pop out my camera as often as I would like. Im gonna try to take some pics tomorrow. I got updates here I got to do and some updates in the other section on this forum I gotta do as well.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok I got several updates for you but sadly no pics as of yet. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow. I got several baby JD's I'm raising away from the parents only time will tell if they survive. Started of with 11 baby JD's 3 died due to the filter I didn't cover it right then I found one dead and 1 is missing so only 6 I count. Had 4 baby L-144's but one died don't know the cause but I got 3 left which so far seem ok.

My JD's eggs hatched and I now got hundreds of fry bunched together which are being gaurded by the mom who won't even let the dad get close by.

My Loisellei male and female are actually getting along. Female is no longer in hidding there swimming side by side right now actually above the driftwood. I still got the 3 Silver Dollars and 5 Giant Danios suprisingly none have been killed like the others had.

All my pleco's are doing good. My 2 Rhino's my 1 L-001 and Gibbicep baby are all getting along no fights they try just avoiding each other. The L-001 grown ups and 1 sub adult are doing good. Sadly 1 of the adults I had passed away came home one day from work and she was dead. So I got 2 males and 2 females 1 unknown 3 babies. The Hypostomus with the loisellei's regrew its tail and the small rhino healed up nicely and so did the L-001.

Betta is still alive and kicking. Still flares up at the back of the tank. And last but most certainly not least my Oscar is doing good. He is a pig but its cool i toss food in and he darts to the top of the tub gets the food then rushes back down. Its a trip to see.

Oh and almost forgot my L-90 and L-114 pleco's are doing ok and my 3 briggs and many Red Ribbon Malaysian Trumpet Snails seem to be doing pretty good. RRMTS keep multiplying but I think the Oscar is eating the smaller ones so there numbers are growing as fast as they could plus the food is regulated.

No more planted tanks for me right now. I got my Anubias floating in the tub with the oscar along with some java fern but thats all prob going to go buy buy. Well Ill make sure to do pic updates tomorrow.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok quick update before bed. 1 of the baby L-144's and 2 of the JD babies have vanished. I did a water change and after adding the water the fish were missing. I checked in the tank filter and bucket I emptied the dirty water in and nothing. Also the small L-144 I had that was of unknown sex will remain unknown since it has died. Only thing I could think of that could of caused the death was that It had been over a month that I did a WC and well I did a huge WC and had to clean the filter so I think it was to much at once for the lil one. The other inhabitants look good all munching away as we speak.

My updated fish list.
2 Long Finned L-144's 1 Male 1 Female Adults
2 Short Finned L-144's 1 Male 1 Female Adults <--- From Debbi's Stock
2 Baby L-144's
1 L-001 adult
1 L-90 sub adult
1 L-114 baby
2 Rhino Pleco's sub adults
1 Gibbiceps baby
1 unknown Hypostomus adult

5 Giant Danios
3 Silver Dollars
2 Loisellei's Male and Female
2 Blue Gene Jack Dempsey's Male and Female
4 Baby JD's
100+ JD fry
1 Oscar
1 Betta
3 Brigg Snails
30+ MTS

Still in need of upgrades if I cant upgrade soon then Im gonna have to depart with a large amount of the fish I own. I think I may downgrade my betta to a smaller tank where it will live solo but that tank ill have planted and have the MTS I own. Also Debating whether or not I should keep my Loisellei's together and get a 120gal or seperate them and get 75gal for each and keep them only with tanks mates like they currently have which are the silver dollars and giant danios.

I got so many different ideas right now that Im gonna end up driving myself insane trying to choose one. Wish I knew someone who welded out here just encase I go with 120gal tanks that way I could have a double stand made. Oh well off to bed. Night night.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I got so many different ideas right now that Im gonna end up driving myself insane trying to choose one. Wish I knew someone who welded out here just encase I go with 120gal tanks that way I could have a double stand made. Oh well off to bed. Night night.
You should be able to build a double 120 gallon stand out of 2x4s. It is a lot of weight, but it would basically be the same as racking 2 pairs of 55s next to each other. I am sure you can get a ton of great advice in the DIY section.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Im gonna try to take some pics in a lil bit of some of my fish. The JD's and the L-144's are hidden. Gonna fill up my other 5gal though so I could take side shots of my oscar and the other pleco's housed with him. Just give me a lil time. Was busy yesterday so couldnt take pics. Didnt get home till bout 9pm and well was up since 8pm from the day before so was a tad bit tired being up for 25hours.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I love your Oscar colors
Thank you. His color pattern has change a bit but still looks nice.

Thanks

Great photos!

Glad to see you posting again. If you can ship, I got room for another Oscar and the SD's. Just pm me.
Thanks.

Im not possitive if Im gonna part with my fish or not yet but if I do the O would prob be the first to go in which case Ill hit you up. Ive never shipped but there has to be a first time for everything right???

You should be able to build a double 120 gallon stand out of 2x4s. It is a lot of weight, but it would basically be the same as racking 2 pairs of 55s next to each other. I am sure you can get a ton of great advice in the DIY section.
The type of double stand im refering to is where you could have two tanks in one spot. Like one on top and another on the bottom. Not side by side. I got all my aquariums in my room so double stands let me have twice as many tanks then the normal stands.

Like this.

Pic From www.aquariumtankstand.com

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store