pics of my tank !!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Great advice by all. I would also move the crypt at left side of tank a few inches over. It's already crowded by the glass.

gustavo85

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
Puerto Rico
so i have had the planted already grounded for a couple weeks now.. some of them have even started growing new sprouts of the ground.. if i move them will this kill the roots or the original plants i have..
If you remove them carefully nothing bad will happen. You just need patience in this part. It would be much better than to loose some as in the case of the wisteria.

I would move the wisteria away from the filter intake
Strong plants like the swords or crypts are a better choice than wisteria, ambulia, cabomba, etc. to be next to the filter intake.
I would also move the crypt at left side of tank a few inches over. It's already crowded by the glass.
:iagree:

ChoiAquarium

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Hey, I have a question regarding your first plant picture. It looks like as if it is dehydrated, by looking at the leaves shivering up. My amazon sword looks exactly like your first plant picture, with the dehydrated look.
I'm pretty inexperienced with plants.
How can I resolve this problem, or is this totally normal?

P.S. Sorry darkmindzz, for asking questions on your thread like this, it is just that, I really want to know and you have the best picture regarding my problem.
You have an awesome tank.
Nice Work and Thank You

Last edited:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Hey, I have a question regarding your first plant picture. It looks like as if it is dehydrated, by looking at the leaves shivering up. My amazon sword looks exactly like your first plant picture, with the dehydrated look.
I'm pretty inexperienced with plants.
How can I resolve this problem, or is this totally normal?

P.S. Sorry darkmindzz, for asking questions on your thread like this, it is just that, I really want to know and you have the best picture regarding my problem.
You have an awesome tank.
Nice Work and Thank You
the leaves of cryptocoryne wendtii naturally grow like that...nothing to worry about :)

prolude006

Senior Member-Wheres My Discount!
Oct 3, 2008
Central Vermont
Hey great looking plants! some tips.....
Wisteria can be difficult to deal with. It sucks up nutrients incredibly fast and grows very rapidly...Id lose it myself but that's just my opinion.
Try keeping the tall plants in the back or on the sides and choose a shape you like in order to give it a more natural feel. If you want that of course.
Here is a link to some "masterpieces" to give you an idea of creating a landscape.
http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=afa_portfolio
thanks for sharing your pics.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Your plants look nice & healthy but I think rocks & or wood adds a nice dimension. The plants seem to be very evenly spaced, it seems kinda rigid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store