picture of a possible convict?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
hey guys, i bought what i was told is a convict, but after researching them on the internet for a while, i have yet to find a pic of convicts that look like mine. mine are young though and maybe 1.5 inches. i cant get a great pic, and i think my best one is the one of me holding it in the net. thanx guys. i only held him about half an inch out of the water, and he was only out for about 5 seconds.

untitled.jpg

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
try taking a picture of him in the water because thats how everyones sees their fish as no one really takes the fish out of the water to take a pic. this way we will be able to see correct finnage, coloring and body features.
i doubt it is a convict because of the green colors but that may be from the picture being taken out of water. also by the body size and shape it looks like some sort of american cichlid, my best guess at the current time would be a green severum (sp?).

Last edited:

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
i will try again with an intank picture, although with it being a big tank, the fish are hard to get a pic of.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
heres a better pic. he usually has more defined stripes though.

mvc-043f.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store