Placed Order for New Discus (Kennys discus)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I'll update when they get in and later when they get thru QT and grow out.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Update!!

wasn't able to get the original selection but I did decide on the 6 virgin red.
Kenny sent some wonderful specimens ..super nice
I will get pics after they settle in

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
That's just great, Ed - looking forward to the pics ! I really like virgin reds, especially when they're mature adults - they look superb - one of the closest strains that truly look like wilds, imo.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
WooHoo Ed, congrats! My 3-3.5" blue snakeskin juvies from Kenny a year ago are huge. I have one male that is pushing 8". Two others paired up recently and are laying eggs on the filter intake every 4 or 5 days. Can't wait to see pics of yours!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I was simply amazed at how nice it was to work with Kenny.

the Virgin reds he sent at fat and happy and look like miniature show discus....very good shape. they were out and abou the tank this morning.. still nervous but given what they went thru I'm not surprised.

Kenny packs the discus very well.. individual discus in double bags.. stacked into a larger bag then surrounded by shipping peanuts in a styro cooler (over sized) with heat packs...
Kenny is a 1st class person to deal with and the Fish are well worth the price and the wait. we ran into some shipping issues FEDEx was expecting delays so Kenny didn't ship if they could not promise over nite..
we waited so the fish would arrive overnite. shipped Monday evening arrived tuesday by 10:30

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
here they are......100_2210.JPG

100_2210.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store