Placed Order for New Discus (Kennys discus)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
thanks Paul

I was impressed when I finally got to see the babies..

they now see me and come to the front of the tank..so far they have been picky love bloodworms but I am slowly introducing them to flake and pellets

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
thanks Paul

I was impressed when I finally got to see the babies..

they now see me and come to the front of the tank..so far they have been picky love bloodworms but I am slowly introducing them to flake and pellets
Good.
If you haven't already tried this, give your discus some freeze-dried australian blackworms. They should love them.
You can get them mailed to you very quickly by CT Discus (Al Sabetta's company - they're a sponsor on SD). Very inexpensive for 50 grams which should last you for months. You might also try Frozen brine shrimp, or frozen mysis shrimp. Mine also love Tetramin Tropical Crisps and TetraColor Tropical Granules.

I expect you're going to REALLY love how those Reds turn out in about 3 or 4 months from now !

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
thanks Paul I do have some fd california blackworms...I think that's what they are...

I also have fdbw tetra granuals, sera discus granuals as well as NLS..my fish don't care for NLS...:jaw:

also earthworm flake from kens , angel flake as well as spirulina flake

also colorflake.. my Altums love the color flake....

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Stunning.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
WOW those are beautiful fish!

nc0gnet0

Discus Breeder
Oct 31, 2009
Grand Rapids
Real Name
Rick
Congrats! It takes this strain along time to develope thier final coloration (8+ months), but one of my favorites. Don't know if you plan on breeding in the future, but if you do, make sure to keep a few of the browner (less colorfull) ones as they will tend to be the males, while the females will show more red and with luck develope some nice Halo's for you like this:

Rick

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I'll try to get newer pic.. some are starting to develop the colors...2 have moved away from the bars..they eat like pigs.. now eating frozen BW, FDBW and my mix of pellet food including colorbit, NLS and sera granuals..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store