Planning a 72g bowfront....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I am not adding ammonia now that fish are in the tank, no no no. :)

Adding groups is what I wanted to avoid because the prices are crazy around here, averaging $11 a fish as juvis and those are just the couple I can find. Buying all at once online Vs. groups locally is a $283 difference, buying groups of 4 online Vs. all at once is a $300 difference. At those prices I'd rather take the few fish I currently have out, put them in a different tank (with a cycled filter) and start the fishless cycle again. :) Which I would be willing to do because the re-cycle shouldn't take that long.

I never thought in 4 days it would have completed adjusted. The only reason I put the few "test" fish in there, besides being advised to by a veteran fish keeper, was to make sure I wasn't going to kill $300 worth of fish in one shot! :) Oh well.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yup! I rarely see adults but the couple I have seen are about $30, which isn't as ridiculous compared to the hike in juvi prices. When they have a sale it is a pretty good one though. The dry products are beyond overpriced! I have seen $20 filters being sold for $60...:barf: That is what I get for living in the sticks though!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store