Planted 120G Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I wanted to give the tank another level for the shrimp and plecos that spend a lot of time on the wood. I also like the that fish have the option to swim over or under it. The right side has a smaller area that Corys frequent through.

I am planning on putting on a background sooner or later just haven't had the patience to do it right now cause its just a small space.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great looking tank!

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
sweet tank,good job.

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
I love it so far...can't wait to see how it changes next! :popcorn:

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Thanks all for the comments.

The tank is now starting to get over grown and is in desperate need of some maintenance. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and I may have to postpone it a little longer, but here is what it looks like today.

Many of these stem plants are fast growing and were only in the tank for cycling and balancing. One of the 1st changes will be the forground plant and may go with Glosso again. I have some flame moss I'd like to get on parts of the driftwood, but have to give the aquascape some serious thoughts. Might use the AGA contest for insperation but I know I'll never get any of my tanks anywhere near that.

I have some Assissan snails on order from one of the members cause I'm starting to get over run. (Wanted to make sure the Assassins had their work cut out for them. :evil_lol:)

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I've made a few minor changes, I haven't decided what the direction of the tank is going to be but the plants are slowly kind of just picking there place themselves. Thanks to a local club member the Ludwigia 'Cuba' has become one of my favorite plants although it didn't start out that way. :headshake2:

Ludwigia 'Cuba' as I came to find out is very sensitive only a few stems managed to survive being shipped. (At the time the temperture fluctuated a lot and had a few cold days.) It took a long time for the plant to recover and although it is not quite the original size I like it's smaller size in my tank the way it is. It's about 2.5 - 3.5 inches round instead of 4-5 and it's new side shoots has filled the space nicely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store